Monday, November 9, 2009

Our New Obsession


Her first photo.

She's here! Maren Lydia joined our family on Thursday, November 5, 2009, at 3:36 am. She weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces, and was 20.5 inches long.


Properly attired.



Maren so far is a very good baby. She only cries when hungry or when I change her clothes or diaper. And she's a pretty good sleeper too. The first night we had her home (Friday) she slept for 7 hours! And on Saturday and Sunday nights she only woke up one time during the night, after a four- or five-hour stretch. What a good baby! The only thing we need to work on is eating. Maren will only nurse for about 5 minutes before she starts to spit it all back out. I guess we'll eventually figure that out.



Holding Maren.


Audrey, Dallin and Sterling love their new baby sister and can't get enough of her. Dallin and Sterling are particularly attentive. They love to kiss her head and touch her little feet. (Dallin is especially fascinated by her tiny features. One of the first things he said when he saw her was, "She even has tiny feet!" He giggles each time he is allowed to touch her little fingers, feet, and nose.) And I am notified the instant she starts crying. They also love to take turns holding her.


Me and my shortlings.



My attempts at nursing discreetly by using a cover (thanks again, Shan!) have not been successful so far.


We are all so glad Maren has joined our family. She has already brought us lots of joy and laughter. We are thankful she is healthy and both she and I are doing well. While I'm realistic in the fact that getting my body back to normal may take some extra time (this is baby #4, after all, and I am not my sisters-in-law!), I'm hoping that it won't take too long. Dallin has already asked me if I'm going to have another baby tomorrow! Good thing he's little, cute, and I love him. If I get any of that sort of remark from the rest of you, you will rue the day!

14 comments:

The Hall's said...

Thanks for the photos! Maren is so pretty. I loved the picture of you and your "shortlings" and the kids helping you be modest! :) What a fun bunch...by the way, you'll be getting no comments from me about what your tummy looks like!

Hope you recover fast. Give lots of snuggles to Maren (and the rest of the kids) for me. Love you tons. Thinking about you!

Ruth said...

I love the pictures!

I can just see you being one of those moms that looks like she never had a baby.

I hope your mom and Jane are able to help you out. If I can watch the kids, help with housework or whatever, I'd be happy to. We'd love any excuse to see the little doll.

The Hall Clan said...

She's so cute!! Love the lips. I hear you about the body thing too. This is #3 and I'm in my 30's too---not a good recipe for a thin body and flat tummy. Oh well. Good luck with everything. Keep posting pictures of her as she changes!!

George and Joanna said...

Carly, she is beautiful! Just like the rest of you. Congratulations! We love you!

Seth and Alisha said...

She is adorable. Congratulations!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! What a cute little thing she is! I think it's so cute how much your kids are all into her. Anyone can tell that she sure is going to be loved!

The six of us! said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!! It's so fun to see your sweet family grow!

Jamie and Family said...

So sweet. That post *almost* made me want another one. Congrats!!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for your growing family. You and Mel are great people and great parents, this little Maren is blessed to be part of your family. Good luck with four, we'll be joining your ranks soon!

Jacob said...

Love the updates to the blog Carly!

So good to see that everyone is well and happy. The kids look great...you do too! ;) Sorry..brotherly love..had to! If you recover like after Sterling - I'll be telling you to eat more!

Love and miss you,
Jacob

*Shelli* said...

Congrats...she is another beauty in your home. I love the pic of you trying to feed the baby :) Good times.

K Western said...

Congrats!! I haven't read any blogs recently, so I missed the news. He's absolutely adorable! And I love the picture of you nursing "discreetly." So funny! That's exactly my life, too. Hope you're doing well.

Amy said...

Ok Carly so I can't believe it's been this long since I've checked your blog. Congratulations!!! She's beauitful!! You have such darling kids!! What a wonderful gift for the holidays!

Ann Guevara said...

Congratulations Mama--I can't believe you have 4 little ones. Super Mom!!!