Other than growing too fast, Sterling is doing really well. He's a pretty good little baby and smiles at almost everyone. He does, however, save his most brilliant smiles for Audrey and he shows a decided preference in general for blonde girls (and his mommy - thank goodness he likes me the way I am. I am NOT dyeing my hair for anyone and count myself lucky to be among the few women who really like their natural hair color - but I digress). Sterling even seems to like Dallin now that he's not always getting walloped by him.
again, photo courtesy of Audrey (not bad for a 3-year-old!)
The doctor did get on my case a little bit for not providing him with enough tummy time. I tried to explain but I don't think he really understood. It's too DANGEROUS! Any time I put Sterling down on the floor, he gets squashed by his brother. Really. Dallin will come over and lay right on top of Sterling. Thankfully Dallin seems to be growing out of this phase a little bit and we hope to have some progress in the rolling department soon. And maybe that also means it will soon be safe to move the crib back into Dallin's room. It's been in our room purely for Sterling's safety, and it's a good thing too. I have woken up at dark-thirty in the morning several times to find Dallin has climbed inside the crib with his brother, Sterling's protests being the only thing to wake me. But I guess that when it is truly safe, it will mean Sterling really isn't a baby anymore.
You win some, you lose some.
3 comments:
What an adorable baby! And those cheeks! You've got a cutie there, Carly.
I can't believe how big Sterling has gotten. Thanks for the pics of him. It's been awhile....I'm feeling like I don't know my nephew. Tell Audrey she's an incredible photographer!
by the time its your third kid, you sorta want to tell the doc "yeah, yeah.....he'll be fine. Just chill"
Or at least I do!
Post a Comment