After a week of watching and waiting (and watering, of course), the first tiny shoots of our lettuce plants appeared yesterday. So exciting! Hopefully we'll get a few salads out of our little garden!
On a sad note, our little avocado tree is not doing so well. I think the crazy weather we had about a week and a half ago (driving rain and hail that followed three days of 105 degrees) did it in. We'll try to save it, but the prognosis does not look good.
6 comments:
Hooray for your new green thumb! I'm impressed you're getting some good green things growing in your garden. If it were me, there would be nothing growing (or just weeds)! Hope you can save the avocado tree!
Hey, it looks brilliant! I am sure you will have fun doing this...so will the kids. Mine is doing good and we finally went back to regular Juneau weather, wind and rain, and my new "doors' worked great. I hope you can save your tree, too.
Your raised bed looks just like mine, except I don't remember what all the seedlings are. I kept rotating my "babies" under the lights and after a while, I forgot what was what. I even drew a map, still...indecipherable! So, Sam planted them anyway. And now I'm in Southern Utah hanging out for a month. I may have our girls with me in St. George, but he's tending the babies in the garden. I'm sure he'll figure out soon enough what is bok choy and what is oregano.
Beautiful! I love it.
For some reason, I find it SO thrilling to see little seedlings come up, and edibles grow. Way to go!
Good for you guys! I do not have a green thumb but wish I did...I would love to have a garden...maybe Someday!
Post a Comment