Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cold Fun in the Summertime


We got this fun idea for a summer activity from my sister-in-law Ruth. It occupied Audrey for a good hour or more. Next time we do it, I think I'll try it in a smaller quantity or make Dallin his own smaller one. He stayed at it for about 15 minutes but then would come back every now and then. Armed with toothbrushes, squirt bottles, and salt (oh! and an old bulb syringe), they had a great time finding all of the "treasures" (shells, coins, marbles, beads) in the ice.







Dallin spent quite a bit of time squirting everything except the ice.

I don't seem to know any, but I'm sure there are other moms out there who need help finding or creating fun activities for their kids to do. I have added Let's Explore to my Google Reader; it's full of fun ideas. Someday I'll acquire the necessary craft items to do a few! (Not to mention some of the fun items they have in their store, which are now on my wish list.)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm totally doing this today!! What a great idea!

Beth said...

That is amazing! Why didn't I think of that. So simple and unique. doing it!

Melvin and Carly said...

Liz and Beth -

Let me know how it turns out for you! Hope your kids have fun with it.

Ruth said...

Hooray! I'm glad Audrey and Dallin enjoyed it.