Saturday, October 11, 2008

Down On the Farm



This morning the kids and I (along with Pamela and her kids) went to a pumpkin patch. We had lots of fun and took lots of pictures. It was smaller than I expected but there was plenty to do to keep us occupied.

We rode on the train.





We ran through a maze in a corn field.

(I have always wanted to do this and never have until today.)





The kids played in the hay.




We watched the pig races.





Audrey got her forehead painted and sat on the tractor.






And, of course, we took pictures with the pumpkins...




and ghosts.






Once I let Sterling hold his snack cup he would not let it go. This is one of my favorite pictures from today. I love how he's pointing at me. "She took my snack!"



We had a fun time and will definitely go again. Maybe next time the kids will want to pet the animals - or at least tell me that they won't before I buy the tickets! But hey, at least I got to pet the goats.

10 comments:

The Hall's said...

I LOVE that picture of Sterling! That's priceless. Glad you had fun. We're going next weekend. Hooray for fall...there is so many fun things to do.

Sarah said...

Pig racing? Love it! Those pictures are too cute. I love corn mazes (though I can never find my way out ... that's the real reason I married Cory ... for his sense of direction) Looks like such a fun outing! (ps only 38 days!)

The six of us! said...

Great pic of Sterling!!! Kevin and I were laughing sooo hard! Is that Peltzer farms?

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Great picture! I must agree, I love the picture of Sterling! Cute boy! I love fall! Hopefully we'll make it to the pumpkin patch. Can you just imagine turning five kids loose in a corn maze? Shoot me now!

Katherine said...

Carly, I am so glad I found you and Shannon. I have been wondering about you girls. Have you seen Ann's? (http://guevara-family.blogspot.com/)

Can you email me your mom's address? klb44@msn.com

Ruth said...

Very cute. Hope we can make it next time.

Natalie said...

Looks like fun! Fall is great!

Beth said...

That looks like an awsome pumkin patch with lots going on. HOw fun!

Janice said...

Pumpkin patch pictures are always so fun! The corn maze one is darling..running through the maze :)

*Shelli* said...

Oh my gosh.. they are adorable. Love th eghost pictures. :)