Yesterday was Melvin's birthday, so he is now officially "in" his 30s. We did very little to celebrate but the kids did want to make Daddy a birthday cake. We made him a firetruck and got a little creative with the colors. (I don't have the right kind of food coloring to make red - it always comes out pink, no matter how much of the food coloring I put in. We did NOT want a pink firetruck.)
The frosting was too warm so it didn't hold up too well during the decorating, a combination of a warm day and constant stirring by Dallin and Audrey, but it still got the job done. The kids wanted to put the candles on. We only have 24 total; every one got used.
Anyway, Happy Birthday to Melvin. We love you!
8 comments:
Happy birthday Melvin! Cute cake!!! For your birthday, I am getting you the Twilight DVD ... lol, j/k.
Wow Carly I'm impressed! I actually like the yellow fire truck!! It turned out really good. Tell Mel Happy Birthday!
Hooray for Melvin. Lucky guy to have such a sweet wife that makes him such a neat cake.
Hope you had a great day Melvin! We are grateful to have so many wonderful extended family members!! Great job on the cake Carly!
Happy Birthday Mel! We love ya!
I like it too! You have to use so much red to get the red, anyway. So Yellow is cute!
The Wilton food coloring gels are the best. They are at Michaels, so if you have their 40% off coupon, a pack of them is really cheap. They also sell them at WalMart. They work great!
Welcome to the 30's Melvin!
Hope you had a great B-day Mel! Just saw a yellow Fire Truck at our station near the house, so they do exist in reality too! Great job! Jacob and Annalisa
Happy Birthday Melvin!!! Carly don't be so critical of your masterpiece, it looks great and I'm sure tasted just as yummy!
Post a Comment