Thursday, April 30, 2009

Could I Really Be So Lucky?

Warning: if bathroom posts aren't your thing, skip this one. (Nothing graphic or gross is forthcoming. But I thought I'd let you know in case you are long past this phase of life or not yet in it and either way don't care to hear about it.)


Sterling loves to sit on the potty. A couple of months ago Dallin decided to be diaper-free (but not, much to our dismay, accident-free) and whenever we tell him to run to the bathroom, Sterling also makes a bee-line.


After Dallin finishes his business, Sterling always indicates that he wants to sit there too. So I get him all ready and sit him up there on the toilet. He proceeds to point his pee-shooter down, grab some toilet paper and "wipe," then clap proudly. And, of course, he always wants to flush. And wash his hands so he can splash in the sink.







So far, that's it. Sterling has only managed to go one time and I missed it! I was helping Dallin get into the tub for a bath and when I turned back around, Sterling had peed just about everywhere except actually in the toilet. Grr! But at least he's getting the idea. I'm wondering if I could be lucky enough for him to be potty-trained when he turns 2. I know parents and kids who have done it. Just as long as it's HIM that's trained, and not me. It's probably a long shot. But as long as Sterling is interested in sitting on the potty, I'll let him.

7 comments:

George and Joanna said...

Right on! I think that is awesome! I hope it works for you. I truly believe they do it when they are ready and it sounds like the time is right! Best of luck!!

Sarah said...

Wahoo, go Sterling!! Obviously, I have no experience potty-training kids... but I'm thinking it would be fabulous to have him trained so young. I hope it works!!

Amy said...

That's awesome! I'm impressed you caught it on camera. It's amazing what kids try to do to be like their older sibilings. What a good story!

Ruth said...

Good job Sterling!

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Wow, that kid is awesome! He needs to come up and sit with Kyah and Malynn. We got them several little potties from Ikea and mostly they just play with them. I really want to try and potty train them this summer, but I'm totally scared! How awesome would that be in Sterling potty trained with Dallin!

K Western said...

What fun potty training stories! That would be such a blessing if they both potty trained at the same time. I wish you the best!! And hopefully not a lot of accidents!

The Hall Clan said...

I'm always looking for a new and fun term for the boys' "you know".

Pee-shooter is my new fav!!!
And less offensive than some of the others I have used hehe