Today was Sterling's third birthday. I can't believe he's three already! I just realized last week that, come January, he'll be in the Sunbeam class at church. Since Maren won't be old enough to go to the nursery yet, that means I'll have all four kids in Jr. Primary trying to "help" me lead the music. Fun times!
Anyway, it was pretty much business as usual for our little birthday boy. He slept in until I had to take Audrey to school. After that he played some computer games while I took care of some things around the house, then we went shopping for one last birthday present. Once back home we played with balloons, had a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Beach, played some more with the balloons, opened presents, went to Dallin's soccer practice, then had dinner and our "party", which consisted of the six of us. (Sterling needs to get some friends. We weren't really planning a party anyway, but when I asked him who he wanted to invite for his birthday he said, "Um, Daddy.") He enjoyed his presents and loved his "Hopkins cake." Hopkins is the name of his Webkinz frog.
I think my favorite thing about today was that Sterling told me he's still tiny. He has been calling himself "a tiny boy" for at least six months or more and it's so cute. I love that he's happy to be little and doesn't seem as anxious to grow up so fast like some other kids are. I asked him if being 3 years old made him a big boy and he said, "No. I still tiny." I'm so glad. Love this little tiny man.
3 comments:
what a good looking kid. I love the cake. wow, all four in junior primary!
Good job on the cake Carly!! I forgot that Alex and Sterling are only a few weeks apart. Looks like he had a fun birthday. All your kids are so adorable! How fun to have 2 boys and 2 girls :)
He is handsome and smart to enjoy being little! Love the cake!
Post a Comment