Monday, July 21, 2008

For Melvin

Melvin and I aren't real big on tangible gifts for birthdays, anniversaries or holidays. (Even though I think I'm easy to shop for. Give me a gift card to a bookstore or a new CD and I'm pretty happy!) I do know lots of really good songs though. So here's part of my gift to Melvin on our anniversary. From here on out, nothing was written by me.



Some day I’m gonna write the story of my life. I’ll tell about the night we met and how my heart can’t forget the way you smiled at me.

Just to see you smile, I’d give anything that you wanted me to.
What makes you happy makes me happy too. In my dreams, your dreams come true.

Love comes once they say, if it’s the real thing. Me, I feel that way.

Ordinary? No. I really don’t think so. Not a love this true.
A common destiny; we were meant to be – me and you.

You’re my bread when I’m hungry; you’re my shelter from troubled winds.
You’re my anchor in life’s ocean.
I don’t know where I’d be without you here with me. Life with you makes perfect sense.
You’re my best friend.

I used to think that love was just for dreamers; that fate and destiny played no part. But finding you has made me a believer that we were meant to be right from the start.
Before the sun and moon and stars were put there in the sky, before the mountains stood tall above this world so high,
I loved you then, I love you now, and I’ll love you until
Always have, always will.

We’ve been married seven years now.
I've found all I've waited for and I could not ask for more.
Every day of my life I realize that I’m in the right place. Love is the right place.

It’s not the way you look, even though heaven knows you’re a sight to see. It’s not the way you look, it’s the way you look at me. Like I’m all you ever wanted me to be.


I have been blessed with so much more than I deserve.

Happy anniversary, baby. I’ve got you on my mind.





In the interest of all things legal, much thanks to Don Williams (several times), Tim McGraw, Josh Turner, Kenny Chesney, Blackhawk, Terri Clark, Sara Evans, Bryan White, Martina McBride and Little River Band for the lyrics, even though I didn't get their permission to use them.

7 comments:

The Hall's said...

Happy Anniversary Mel and Carly! We love you guys! And Carly....you're awesome. I'm happy to report that I knew where all of those songs came from! :)

Janice said...

Hope you had a Happy Anniversary!~

Sarah said...

Hey this is Sarah, your fellow Twilight obsessed friend. I thought I would check out your blog, since you sent me the link. I love it. Your kids are adorable! And happy anniversary!!

Elizabeth said...

Very creative and cute! Happy Anniversary!! You two are such a cute couple!

Ruth said...

Hooray for you guys. Seven years and three kiddos later changes everything. Just think how things will be different in seven more years. We are so happy for you.

Ruth said...

What a beautiful bride!

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Being that I'm new reading your blogspot....on this one...you might have also used Listen to the Radio!! :) Love ya and nice little bit of creativity there.