Rick's iphone provided a lot of entertainment. Dallin seemed to really like one of the Taylor Swift songs/videos; he kept playing it over and over. Guess both of my boys like blonde girls!
The kids wanted to go to the park so Rick was a good sport and pushed them on the swings and ran around the playground with them. We didn't stay too long though as it was getting pretty warm and we were all afraid Uncle Rick might go the way of the Abominable Snowman and melt.
We also stopped at the lake to feed the ducks and were pleasantly surprised to receive a 3-for-1 deal. Not only did the ducks come to eat our bread, but so did the fish in the lake! (I was unaware that fish eat white bread. Yes, me, the fish guru! Oh, I really only know about salmon. Perhaps they are more discriminating and hold out for whole-grain, which no one in their right mind would waste on a fish.) While we were watching these fish gobble up our bread, an egret decided to get in on the feeding frenzy and swooped in for the fish.
Rick was also very brave and took Audrey to the movie theater to see Kung Fu Panda. She said it was funny and that she liked it; I think she mostly liked eating the popcorn!
After Rick left, Dallin kept asking "Where's Uncle Rick?" When I told Dallin that Uncle Rick had gone back home to Alaska he said, "I want him!" (That happened for a few more days. Clearly the visit was memorable!)
Thanks for coming to see us, Rick! We had fun and can't wait until you come again.
2 comments:
I'm glad to see you all had a good time with Rick. I'm jealous!
Lucky kiddos! Looks like fun.
Post a Comment