Thursday, July 17, 2008

Have a seat? (AKA why we don't have nice furniture)

A note to our family and friends -


You are more than welcome to come and visit us anytime; we love visitors. (Seriously. Audrey and Dallin get excited when the bug guy rings the doorbell.) I do, however, want you to be prepared. It might be difficult to get in the door. And if you manage to make it inside, there are few chances of finding a place to sit. Why? Because on any given day, and at least twice each day, you will find this:




Or this:








Just so you're prepared.




Also, don't be surprised to find random stickers, oh, just about everywhere. The grocery store clerks like to give my kids stickers. Which is great. We love stickers. The other day I asked the clerk at the post office for some Priority Mail stickers for a package. He offered me an entire roll, which I declined, but he did give me about a dozen. This is what happens to stickers at our house.


This:




















Or this:




Right now there is a sticker on literally every panel of every door in the entire house. And one (or a piece of one - for some reason Audrey likes to tear them into small pieces. Maybe to spread them out a little more?) on just about every wall, on the entertainment center, the desk, and some windows. Who needs Design On a Dime when you've got little kids and free stickers?

3 comments:

Beth said...

This post makes me laugh because I so relate. We had couches like that in our last furnished rental house. It made me feel crazy that every-time I walked in the living room the kids had taken the pillows off again, and were jumping around. I couldn't wait to get back to my couches where you can't remove any pillows. all kids are somewhat the same in many ways. Like little mischievous monkeys. love the pictures. Audrey is so grown up now. I can't believe it's been that long since we've seen each-other.

The Hall's said...

The only reason this doesn't happen in our house is because our couch is so nasty it's covered by a slip cover and Rebekah can't get the pillows off. Once that is off to go in the wash, our house looks pretty similar!

Ruth said...

I remember playing the the couch pillows - fun times.