On Saturday our family took a quick trip to Las Vegas so Melvin could watch BYU play Arizona in the Pioneer Las Vegas bowl. While the game had a less-than-desirable outcome (the Cougars lost, sniff sniff) the trip was not a complete loss. Why? Because we got to play in some snow!
I know that's not a big deal for many of you, but this was the first time my little California kiddos had ever been in snow. With the crazy weather we've been having - it's raining even while I type this - snow has been falling in southern California. So we turned off the freeway at a not-so-busy exit and found a place to stop where the kids could safely run around.
Audrey made her first snowman, small but cute, and a snow angel:
Dallin made tracks:
Sterling had fun as long as he didn't fall down and get his fingers wet:
We had a fun game of "snow tag", which is what Dallin called our snowball fight:
It was fun. It has been awhile since Melvin and I played in the snow too and we all enjoyed ourselves. Audrey has been asking if we could "go to the snow" during the wintertime since July, so this made her really happy!
5 comments:
How cute! We now have at least a foot on the ground and more coming on Christmas- wish we could send some for the kids.
Or better yet, Joanna, why doesn't Carly just come on up and stay and play in Utah with us? =) Glad you you guys got to have fun in the snow!
Oh lucky!!! Wish we could get to that snow! I remember our first snow experience, so fun. I like the snowman!!!
Or better yet, Natalie, Mesquite is only an hour from Vegas. lol We'll have to do lunch next time, Carly.
Nice to see the Shumway's sharing so well! lol!!
Post a Comment