Grandpa and Grandma Beach came by in the afternoon. Grandpa brought a kite and Dallin had fun holding the string and running to keep the kite in the air. We played with that for a little while and then went inside for cake and presents. I had planned on making Dallin's cake in the shape of a firetruck, but a few days ago he asked for a football. I was happy to oblige. Much easier!
Dallin was super-excited over each and every gift he was given. It was fun to watch his excitement. He got every thing a boy could want - a superhero, cars, kites, a t-ball set, and a workbench with tools. He opened his Planet Hero the night before. We had been visiting Melvin's sister and her family and they gave Dallin his present as we left. He held it all the way home but couldn't stand it any longer! He tore off the wrapping paper while I was putting Sterling in his pajamas. That night he went to sleep with "Ace" next to him. Last night, he took his new cars (Lightning McQueen, Doc, and Flo) and his baseball bat to bed. The first thing he said when he came in our room this morning at 6:00 was "Daddy, I can't find Flo!"
He had so much fun playing with his t-ball set. He was very focused, as you might be able to tell from some of the pictures below. He would stare intently at the ball and then smack it hard! We will definitely have to move the game outside. Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma Alaska and Uncle Rick for the sporting equipment!
I have always said that everyone should be so lucky to have a Dallin. He is such a sweet kid. I can't imagine our family without him. He has a wonderful infectious laugh and bright smile. Melvin and I feel so blessed to have him in our home. We love you Dallin and we're so glad you had a wonderful birthday!



4 comments:
Happy-late-Birthday Dallin. It sounds like you had a really fun day. What a cutie.
Doh!! Bad Uncle! I haven't purchased a new calendar for the year yet, so I missed it! Bad Uncle! Anyways, Annalisa and I were looking and realized this...so Happy late B-day Dallin! We'll call you tomorrow...it's a little late now anyways..what's a few more hours? Bad Uncle! Looks like he had fun though! Cute kids!
What a fun day! Happy belated b-day Dallin!
Post a Comment