Thursday, June 11, 2009

Winter in June

Just thought I'd post this picture. Audrey and Dallin were pretending it was winter. Socks for gloves, hats, and until they went outside the socks on their feet were ice skates.




And a quick chuckle. I've been told that when I was really young (maybe around 2? How old was I, Mom?) I teased my grandma by going around the room and hugging everyone else there and skipping her. Sterling is definitely a little jokester too. Yesterday at bedtime, Audrey asked him to give her a hug and kiss. He ran towards her only to turn to me instead and give me a hug and kiss. When she asked again, he kissed the wall. Then the door. And then the floor. Audrey and I got a big laugh out of it, but I think Audrey was a little irritated when he eventually ran away after only giving her a hug. She had to chase him down the hallway to get her goodnight kiss.

7 comments:

Debby said...

Well, I think you were about 2. I think I wrote in it your journal, guess we'll have to look it up! Mom looked stunned and Dad thought it was pretty funny. And the look on YOUR face was priceless! I guess every family has to have one. Jacob has Logan (the Rick/GIS thing) and it seems to me Rebekah has already shown her teasing side too, but off hand I can't remember what it was. Better go find my list of "funny things my children and grandchildren did". Glad to see a new post, which means the computer is working better, eh?

The Hall's said...

I'm amazed you guys even own hats! :) What funny kids.

What a funny story about Sterling. I LOVE that he kissed the floor and the wall. It always amazes me that kids can have such personalities when they are so young...he's not even two!

Ruth said...

so cute!

Sarah said...

Cute kids! Do they even need hats, living in SoCal? :) Nice story, too!

Natalie said...

What cute stories!

Elizabeth said...

I think this is so cute! I love Serling and his kissing. It's so fun when they start really showing their individual personalities.

The Hall Clan said...

Ha Ha,,,glad you have "kissing" issues at your house too,,,Spencer will make a big show about giving daddy and mommy kisses, but snubs his brother every night. He will not kiss his brother. But I love that Sterling takes it one step further and kisses the door, wall etc. Funny little guy.