Saturday, April 19, 2008

Highway Robbery

This is one of the reasons we've been trying to find a bike for Melvin. (Thanks again, neighbors, for the freebie!)



I'm curious. Is it even higher elsewhere? Like in maybe Motor City? The Big Apple? The Last Frontier?


Somewhere I have a similar picture from 1997. I took it because I had never seen gas so cheap. It was $0.95 at a Chevron in Provo. Wouldn't it be so much nicer to fill up a minivan at that price?

5 comments:

April said...

I think we paid $3.65 last night. It helps that we only fill up about every other or every third month, since we walk everyone. It really is crazy how expensive gas is though. Almost the price of milk or in your case, the price of milk.

The Hall's said...

You still have the Motor City beat. We're paying $3.50 or a little higher right now. It cost us $40 to fill up our tiny CIVIC this week and we about had a heart attack. I know that's nothing compared to filling a minivan, but it should never be that bad to fill a 4 door civic. Just be grateful we're not paying mom's electric bill this next month! Happy walking/biking/busing to all of us!

The six of us! said...

I wish we could be taking pic of $0.95 per gallon. What a rip off but I refuse to give up my car so off to work my hubbby goes to pay for the gas!!!:)

Ruth said...

ouch!

Amy said...

That's crazy Carly. I thought it was high in Cleveland, but I guess I shouldn't complian. $0.95 a gallon seems like a century ago.