Where we're going we don't need roads.
And speaking of roads, I had the following conversation with Audrey the other day while she was outside having a "picnic":
Me: Hey Audrey.
Audrey: What, Mom? (running around from the side of her house where she had been driving the kids' car)
Me: You need to finish eating your lunch.
Audrey: But I was driving my car!
Me: Okay. Drive your car back around here and then eat.
Audrey: I can't. The freeway's closed!
Ah. Life in Southern California. Where 3-year-olds know about freeway closures.
5 comments:
Do you think anyone else understands us when we quote lines from music, movies or books? :) The joys of being from our family! When I put the caption of "Daddy's Great..." under Rebekah's picture, Jeff said, "Nobody else is going to understand that but me and your family." I know....but that's who it's for anyways! I love ya and I love those sweet kids of yours!
Well, I couldn't do anything but laugh when I read that. She continues to amaze me at just how quick she is with the comeback. And the sunglasses were brilliant. My first thought was "my future is so bright..." and I am sure it will be. I surely do love these grandkids!
Shannon - part of me hopes that there are people out there somewhere who also understand our random quotes, but I realize that few are as demented as we. Like that "blush and bashful" remark on my first post...purely for you. And I started singing the song when I saw your "Daddy's great." Thanks for understanding me!
What is the age gap between your two boys? That is so cute, that little freeway on his nogin!
Such beautiful boys! I didn't think Sterling had a chance of being such a cutie after seeing how cute Dallin is/was, but he is.
Post a Comment