Miracle of miracles. God took a tailor by the hand...
Oh, sorry. Got carried away in my show tune there. But I had a small miracle this week. Dallin took a NAP four out of five days. DALLIN! The boy who hasn't taken a regular nap (unless we go somewhere in the car) since Sterling was born. Possibly in fear that if he fell asleep another baby would show up and disrupt his little life even more.
Wanna hear something else? On three of those four days, Sterling slept for at least part of the time that Dallin was asleep. I was actually able to get things done! I cooked dinner before 6:00! See? Wonder of wonders...
And to top it all off, Mel has been working first shift this week. So he was home by 3:30 most days. (Except for when he had class.) 3:30! We had dinner together. He helped bathe kids and put them to bed. (Mel always does when he's home, it's just usually only on weekends.) I got more things done! (With the exception of posting on this here blog. Hey, my husband was home. We spent time together. I know! Miracle of miracles.) And the good news is, Mel is working first shift all next week too. Life like real people. Hooray!
3 comments:
Know the feeling! It does make you appriciate the small things in life.
I'm so glad you had a good week! And, I'm really glad Dallin is taking naps again. You are brave to post it...I'm afraid I'd jinx myself! Hopefully Dallin starts a new napping tradition! Happy napping.
So funny how we get excited about the little things that are actually huge! I'm glad ou were able to get something done, it had to feel soooo good!
Post a Comment