The big preschool debut was hardest of all on Dallin. He talked all morning about going to preschool and came with us as I dropped Audrey off. When I tried to buckle him back in his car seat he went into hysterics, just sobbing his little heart out. He calmed down after a while but didn't want to get out of the van when we got home. I coaxed him out by telling him he could ride Audrey's bike (something she won't allow him to do when she's home). When it was time to go pick Audrey back up, Dallin ran for his shoes so he could go too. I'm sure he'll be sad again tomorrow when he doesn't get to go when the carpool we're participating in picks Audrey up in the morning. I'll have to find something fun for him to do. Something other than chucking rocks over the fence into the neighbor's yard or throwing the toys in the garbage cans (his new favorite pastimes).
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Here We Go
The big preschool debut was hardest of all on Dallin. He talked all morning about going to preschool and came with us as I dropped Audrey off. When I tried to buckle him back in his car seat he went into hysterics, just sobbing his little heart out. He calmed down after a while but didn't want to get out of the van when we got home. I coaxed him out by telling him he could ride Audrey's bike (something she won't allow him to do when she's home). When it was time to go pick Audrey back up, Dallin ran for his shoes so he could go too. I'm sure he'll be sad again tomorrow when he doesn't get to go when the carpool we're participating in picks Audrey up in the morning. I'll have to find something fun for him to do. Something other than chucking rocks over the fence into the neighbor's yard or throwing the toys in the garbage cans (his new favorite pastimes).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow Carly, I can't believe you have a preschooler. She looks adorable! I love her blonde hair. Good luck with this new phase of life :)
She is so cute!!! Wow!! Preschool!
I can relate, when Jordyn first went, Lexi had the same reaction as Dallin. I wanted so bad to walk back in there and enroll her, even though she wasn't even three yet! It was right then and there that I realized a new hard part of being a parent: seeing one kid sad and not being able to make it better because it was just part of life! I'm the oldest, so I never had that "why does she get to do that" feeling.
Cute picture of your daughter! Preschool, wow!
Ha, ha, I loved your comment on my blog. Blasphemy in my comments is right! Ugh, I was so mad when I read that. It's Cory's aunt (well, I guess mine, too). I mean, if you didn't like Breaking Dawn, fine, but why blaspheme on my blog? Grrr. I wrote a comment back on hers, waxing poetic about how much I loved Breaking Dawn, Stephenie's writing style, wishing the series didn't stop at 4 books (can we say book 5 from Nessie's view? Pleeeeeasse?) and how much I was hoping that Stephenie finished Midnight Sun. It was a really long comment (like this one is getting :) but I just couldn't help myself. Cory's family all think I'm crazy, but who cares? ;)
My brother is reading Breaking Dawn and he called me last night and was like "Bella is PREGNANT?!?!?!?!" and I was like "ha ha ha ha, yeah, bet you didn't see that coming." It was hilarious!
Awww! And so her school years begin! Have fun Audrey!!!
What a cutie!
Post a Comment