My friend Heather likes to rattle off a phrase in German which, when translated, means something like "God punishes small sins immediately." (Or close to that, right Heather?) I've decided that the near-constant rain that we've had here since Thursday afternoon is in response to this picture that I took on Wednesday afternoon:
Why am I being punished for that picture? Because I took it with the sole intent to "rub in" our spring-like weather for all of you still decidedly experiencing winter. That is the same tree in whose "autumn" leaves our kiddos were playing in a couple of weeks ago. Now it is blossoming just as if Spring were already here. Winter showed up this weekend, but I think it's almost over.
I don't think my one picture warrants 4+ days of rain, so some of you others in the vicinity must have done something too. Anyone else want to fess up?
9 comments:
Beautiful! Hope to see you guys soon.
No...I think your four days of bad weather was definitely deserving! Especially if your "winter" consisted of four days only. (I have to admit, I am jealous though...those spring blossoms are very pretty.) Besides, for some odd reason it is 58 degrees (that is no typo) here! I made Jeff get Rebekah's tricycle down last night and we're going outside to bask in the warm weather! So, maybe your "sin" caused some abnormal weather for the rest of us....thanks! :)
We've got about 6 inches of snow on the ground, so I am still envious of your weather, even if there was a ton of rain.
No I think we are clear here, although you may want to ask Kevin who almost daily prays for rain! : )
Oh...I love spring time blossoms. I can hardly wait for spring!!!! Rain is a part of spring isn't it? =)
Oh snap! Way to rub it in! That's really pretty and I'm really jealous. Ugh. Maybe we should move to CA. You guys need some chiropractors down there? ;)
You are so funny!! I love you! Thanks for making me laugh!
yah, that picture hurts. It will eventually make its way to utah.
PLEASE!!!
Four days of rain huh? Wow, sounds tough. How about we trade weather? :)
Post a Comment