Monday, September 21, 2009

Sterling Turns 2!

Today was Sterling's 2nd birthday. After Family Home Evening tonight, we had a little birthday party for him. He opened presents (with some help from others, of course) and then ate cupcakes. This year I made Sterling a barn cake with farm animal cupcakes. Then he played with his presents until we forced him to go to bed.



Every boy needs his own tools.


Excited about his new soccer ball.

So excited about his football that he had to get down and throw it a few times.


The barn.



The animals.




The whole thing.


Blowing out the candles.




Dallin got to try out the hard had and tool belt.



Sterling is such a cutie and a lot of fun. You can't tell from the pictures but he has wavy hair that I love. (I just cut all of his cute curls off on Saturday night, but I'm guessing they'll grow back pretty quick.) He loves to give hugs and kisses and to copy what everyone else is doing. (Unfortunately he usually copies Audrey, who isn't always the best role model. Hey kid, copy Dallin. He's at least polite!) He likes to sing and always surprises me with the songs that he knows. Sterling is also our best helper and will clean things up as soon as you ask him too. He can have an attitude though, and is quite good at glaring at you if you do something he does not like. He also is quite the screamer when he's upset. That's something we're working on. One of my favorite things he does right now is knock on his bedroom door to come out after his nap. (I guess after putting him back in time after time and telling him he had to stay in there, he decided that if he wanted to come out after he woke up that he needed to knock and ask, "Out?") He will sometimes come out on his own, but he will usually wait until I say that he can open the door and come out.


We love you Sterling! Hope you had a good birthday and that your siblings give back the presents they have already commandeered!



12 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Sterling!!!

Natalie said...

P.S. Carly- I LOVE the cake!!! That is so adorable!

Ruth said...

Sterling is such a sweet boy. We love him lots. Carly, that has got to be the greatest cake and cupcakes ever!

Anonymous said...

The barn and animals turned out so great! I have no idea how you found the energy or time. Sterling looks like he had a pretty happy birthday.

The Hall's said...

Happy Birthday Sterling. It looks like he had a fun night. Way to go very tired pregnant mama...that cake looks great!

Debby said...

nice job, carly. we hope Sterling had a wonderful day. we love and miss you.

George and Joanna said...

Happy belated birthday, Sterling! Hope the day was great fun. The cake is soooo cute!!!

K Western said...

What a cute cake!! You did a great job on it! Looks like he had a fun birthday.

*Shelli* said...

Oh your kids are so sweet! Happy b-day to Sterling. I do love his hair ☺

The Hall Clan said...

lovin' the cake...if I were to ever actually bake a birthday cake for my kids, that one would be on the top of my list. my kids are tickled with a candle on the top of an ice cream cone.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Sterling! He is such a cutie and I can't wait for our boys to hang out at BYU someday. We think your family is adorable and we're excited for your 4th little Grey to join the party. Miss you guys!

Janice said...

Wow! he's 2? Such a cutie! The farm animal cupcakes are adorable! you are so talented!