Thursday, August 27, 2009

That's What I Get

I don't get sick very often but yesterday I started having some basic cold symptoms - headache, runny/stuffy nose, sore throat - that sort of thing. Combine that with my large, pregnant tummy and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night. (Only 10 weeks to go, by the way. Hooray!)

This morning I felt bad enough that, after dropping Audrey off at school, I put a movie on for the boys and laid down on my bed. And actually fell asleep. Not a good thing. Apparently the movie was not enough to hold Sterling's attention. Some banging woke me up about 45 minutes later to find that Sterling had been a one-man wrecking crew.

There were pretzels all over the floor in the kitchen, pink highlighter all over the wall in the living room, and Sterling was on the kitchen counter opening all of the jars in the spice cupboard. The best (?) part was that Sterling had emptied my Costco-size jar of cinnamon - thankfully it was only around 1/3 full - all over the couch and living room rug.

That's what I get for trying to rest. At least my house smells nice.

10 comments:

Tristen said...

Hey, Carley. I feel for you! I've done that before, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. My second doesn't watch movies very well so unless he's still sleeping I've had to curtail my short daytime snoozes... Sorry about the cinnamon, but it DOES smell nice, I'm sure. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, man...my heart aches for you just thinking about having to clean all that up. Next time you're not feeling well, drop the boys off at my house.

On the funny side, I hope you took pictures so you can laugh about it later;)

The six of us! said...

Funny, you and I were doing the same thing that day. Except a Barbie movie was enough to keep Emily's attention. My kiddos have managed to spread their colds to me and yesterday Kevin got home early so I put myself to bed @ 4pm! I haven't been this sick for years! Hope you are on the mend and feeling better soon! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

The Hall's said...

Oh Carly! What I love is that Dallin clearly didn't see a problem with what Sterling was up to...at least he didn't join him! Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon.

Sarah said...

Oooooh! You poor thing!

The Hall Clan said...

You are ALWAYS the optomist!!! At least your house does smell nice!

Ruth said...

no naps allowed until your youngest is 5. ;)

George and Joanna said...

Oh man! That is so unfair! I don't know how they find trouble so quickly.... and when you SOOO need the rest! Hope you feel better soon.

Sarah said...

Yes! That would be great if you could talk to your brother, see if he has any contacts. We would really, really appreciate that!

And I hope you're feeling better!!

April said...

Oh what a mess to clean up!! How did you deal with the little guy? I am sure in a few years you will laugh about it, but what a stinky thing to happen when you aren't feeling well anyway.